F+U Language school
  Deutsche Version


Download our new brochure 2020 in your language
Version German Version English Japanese Version Russian Version Chinese Version Turkish Version Versión Español Korean Version

VICTORIA brochure to follow soon. Special Deal: Book at old prices until January 2021.

  • Further Information

  • F+U Language Schools

    F+U Hochschule



    Visas and Insurance

    Do you need insurance?


    You can buy reasonably-priced health insurance online from our partner Care Concept.
    Please click here.

    Visa information

    If you need a visa for language learning, you usually need to fulfil the requirements below. You can obtain this visa from a German embassy or consulate in your country.

    Listed below are the visa requirements. Please check them with the German embassy / consulate. Since the requirements can vary somewhat from country to country, we cannot guarantee that they are also correct for your country.

    For the application you will need to bring the following:

    • A valid passport
    • Two application forms completed in German
    • Two passport photos
    • Confirmation of your enrolment at a German language school which must consist of at least 20 teaching hours per week. (You will receive these documents from Academy of Languages after your registration and the payment of the course fees.)
    • Confirmation from your parents that they will fund your living costs (formal obligation), or, if you are 18 or over, proof of sufficient funding for your stay in Germany, generally the equivalent of around 9.936 Euros.
    • Proof of health insurance for your period of residence in Germany. You can buy reasonably-priced health insurance online from our partner Care Concept. Please click here!
    • Proof of suitable accommodation (you can arrange this through us).

    All documents have to be complete when you apply for a visa.

    Apply for a visa in good time, as it can take a long time (up to 3 months) to process.

    Initially, a three month visa can be obtained and this can usually be extended for a further 9 months.

    The maximum duration of a residence permit for participation in a language course at Academy of Languages is 18 months.

    It is not possible to extend a tourist visa or modify the purpose of stay (i.e. from "tourist" to "language learning") after arrival in Germany. For this reason, you are required to have a language course visa for a language study stay of more than 90 days.

    First language course then studying

    If you want to start studying at a university after your language course, you need to apply for a student visa. (This visa also allows you to attend language course/s before you start your studies at a university.) Please note that for the student visa you may need, in addition to the above-mentioned requirements, documents such as certificates, approval from a German university, APS, etc. Please check with the German embassy or consulate in your country about the exact requirements for your country. Academy of Languages can help you with information about studies and studying in Germany during your stay in the Academy of Languages language school.

    Obtaining a visa: the procedure

    • Please check with the German embassy or consulate in your country for the exact visa requirements for your country.
    • Then register for language course/s
    • We will send you an acknowledgement of your registration.
    • After that, please send us the fees for the course/s for which you registered and rent money if applicable.
    • After the school has received the fees, we can issue and send the receipt and an invitation letter that you need for the visa application to you and/or to the German embassy/consulate.

    Refused or delayed visas

    a) Should the visa be delayed, the visa applicant will not incur any further costs (except for DHL costs in the case of an express delivery of the invitation letter). This means that should the participant receive his or her visa after the start date stated in the invitation letter, he or she can postpone the language course without further costs.

    b) Should the visa not be issued, the refund transfer of payment, less costs incurred, such as postage and bank charges, as well as an administration fee of 150 € is guaranteed. The rejection must be documented in form of an official confirmation and the presentation of the original invitation letter.

    Invitation letter for the German embassy

    We will send the invitation after receiving the payment. The following information is needed for the invitation letter:

    a) Full postal address
    b) Passport number
    c) Date of birth
    d) Place of birth

    Please find our advice for writing statement of motivation here.

    Internationale Berufsakademie Rhein-Neckar | Internationale Berufsakademie Darmstadt | Internationale Berufsakademie Berlin | Internationale Berufsakademie Erfurt | Internationale Berufsakademie Bochum | Internationale Berufsakademie Hamburg | Internationale Berufsakademie München | Internationale Berufsakademie der F+U | Akademie für Fremdsprachen | Betriebswirtschaftliches Fortbildungszentrum Akademie für Wirtschafts- und Sozialmanagement | Akademien für Pflege- und Sozialberufe | Heidelberger Privatschulcentrum | Chemnitzer Privatschulzentrum | Language courses at language school F+U Academy of Languages Heidelberg, Germany | Sprachkurse an der Sprachschule F+U Academy of Languages, Heidelberg Deutschland | F+U Sprachreisen weltweit für Erwachsene und Jugendliche |